I suggest you ...

E-Faxing Overhaul!

As an office manager, We were so excited about switching to e-faxing. We have had it for 1 week and I can honestly say it has NOT helped our workflow at all for 3 reasons:

1) We cannot split faxes - this is important bc we often get 10-50 page faxes containing different patient reports from hospitals. So when we get these faxes, we cannot use the "attach to patient chart" feature. We have to print them off, sort them and rescan them into Dr Chrono and THEN attach them to the patient chart. Waste of time!

2) We cannot E-Sign faxes - this is important bc we have to sign pathology reports, lab reports, specimen report, etc and AGAIN, we have to print these out, sign them, and scan them back into Dr Chrono. Another Time Waster.

3) We cannot make any notes, add text boxes, or free write to any of these faxed reports - this is important bc often we need to add a recall date, write in a quick plan note, or communicate with another dr or hospital. So again, we have to print them out, write on them, and scan them back into Dr Chrono. Time Waster.

So like I said, E-Faxing hasn't helped us at all. If anything, it has added to our work load bc we now have to handle thing 3-4 times before we accomplish the task.
Time is a valuable commodity in a busy Drs office. E-faxing and e-documenting are meant to save time, not add to it! I have seen a few other suggestions on here that mention or touch on these problems but none that cover it all. I have voted and commented on all of those, but felt someone needed to consolidate the faxing issues. I cannot image this isn't a problem for every other provider out there. Please fix these issues soon!!!!

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Wendi Thacker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...