I suggest you ...

Send rx with fill dates in order to send multiple orders at the same time

It is pretty annoying that I cannot send multiple prescriptions for controlled RX at the same time. Controlled RX cannot have refills attached to the order, so it is very common for providers to send 2-3 months at a time as separate prescriptions. But these prescriptions need to have different fill dates or else they will overwrite each other. I am having to send 1 and then print the rest which is getting annoying. I spoke to a pharmacist who said that EHR's typically have a fill date which suspends the prescription until a certain date. I asked if I can just add a note to the order with the fill date, and they said no that is not enough because they do not see that note until they actually process the Rx. I used Epic which had the option to send with fill date, so I am not sure why DrChrono does not have this option? It is a basic feature so I am not sure why it is not implemented.

Thank you

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael ZaurovMichael Zaurov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MichaelMichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't be renewing my contract if this feature isn't implemented. Very basic feature that every other EHR has.

Feedback and Knowledge Base