I suggest you ...

Is anyone using a template to track HEDIS measures?? We struggle to make the CDS rules work well for our practice.

I would love to talk to other users who successfully track HEDIS quality measures using drchrono. I find the CDS rules difficult to utilize. I have begun building my own persistent template to track HEDIS measures, but would be so helpful to talk to other users who have attempted this.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Maureen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't do HEDIS, and the technical specs for the measures are $355. As you probably know this site doesn't exactly make it easy to connect with other users or drchrono devs.

Your drchrono account manager may know other drchrono users who track HEDIS measures, so I would ask them first. If you don't have their contact info you can ask drchrono support to set up a phone call. I would draft a list of specific things you are having trouble tracking and ask if your account manager has any ideas.

There may also be a third party who can figure out what you need to do, if you can afford one.

There are a lot of HCPCS G-codes you can add to appointments to track all sorts of things, and drchrono's advanced report can search for these with the appointment filters.

You can also add your own custom demographics and patient/appointment flags to patients. Then you can search these custom fields for specific text by adding them as patient filters to your advanced report.

When tracking things that happen outside of appointments, you lose lots of drchrono's search and report functionality. drchrono is at its core appointment-based, so one solution is to use 'fake appointments'. Another one is to track things outside of the EHR - on an excel spreadsheet.

Best of luck.

Feedback and Knowledge Base