I suggest you ...

No Response Claim Status

Please add a No Response category to Claim Status. Payers are required to respond to submitted claims within 30 days of receipt of the claim. It would be very helpful for our billing team to be able to determine which claims simply have not been responded to in a timely manner. This category would include all claims that have not received a denial, rejection, or ERA within 30 days of submission (electronically) or 45 days from a paper claim (to ensure time for the mail to be received.) Other systems allow this, with the ability to "bump" a claim out of the No Response category with a note such as "claim still processing, allow an additional 15 days." The follow up note is dated in the system, and if the claim is still not addressed by the payer within the 15 days, that claim goes back into no response. This is a very important feature in the processing world we work in where payers find many reasons to sit on a claim, but don't proactively reach out to let you know why ---you have to initiate a call to find out what they want.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't personally use drchrono for billing, but maybe as a not-so-temporary-stopgap you can use the Live Claims Feed to help. Just disable claim statuses like "ERA Recieved" and "Not submitted", then click Update Filter and click on the "Date of Service" header to sort by DOS. You can also see claim service notes (appointment notes) from this report.

Feedback and Knowledge Base