I suggest you ...

Medications listed in the final signed notes.

Medications listed in the final signed notes.

Medications RE-PRESCRIBED on the medication list are automatically removed from the medication list in the SIGNED locked note. ( It is not removed from the medication list on the left). This is extremely frustration when reviewing the notes and trying to figure what meds patients were taking at specific times. It is particularly confusing to others who we send records to (important people like the Medical Board, DEA, and lawyers. This is not a TRIVIAL MATTER).

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dr. KOFI DOONQUAH, MD shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dr. Doonquah observes correctly:

- If a patient comes in to an appointment with [medication] on their Medication List, and
        - during the appointment the doctor refills [medication], then
        - the final note erroneously omits [medication] from the Medication List.

There is an entry at the bottom of the note for all medications prescribed, but it doesn't say whether they are refills.

Until changed I would recommend writing on the note any refill requests, also writing which medications you intend to refill, and then actually refilling the meds outside of the visit screen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base