I suggest you ...

Make it to where "Required Fields" on a template are only applied to that template...not across all templates.

Currently if you make a field "Required" on a single template....that field requirement is then required on all templates. The required field should only be applied to the single template that it is built into.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it were up to me, I would have an option to make the form as required in all appointments and a separate option to make a field required for that particular form.

To mark a form as required, I would add "Set as Required Form" to the "Options" gear at the lower left of each template. I would also add a tooltip upon hovering that says "Sets the current form as required for all new clinical notes".

To mark a field as required, I would merely rename "Required Field" to "Required Field for this Form".

Because people already have forms in drchrono, when pushing the update I would automatically make any form with a required field (pre-update) into a required form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base