I suggest you ...

Bring back the original form builder or significantly change new one

I've been using DrChrono since 2011, and one of the main things I like about it is the ease with which you can customize it. Unfortunately, the new form builder is much less user friendly and I've pretty much given up on updating my templates further as it is now much too cumbersome to do so.

My templates include many lists that might include literally hundreds of items. For instance, as an optometrist, I have lists of every contact lens I use. This list is duplicated in many places on my templates because in the course of a single exam I need to enter the patient's previous contacts, any contacts I try on the patient, any contacts I need to order, and any contacts that the patient is authorized to order.

On the old form builder, I could copy and paste the list of contact lenses into the various places it needed to be very easily. I could also add new types of contacts (which are always coming out) easily to just one list and then copy it to the other places I used the same list.

The new form builder does not allow you to copy the contents of the template without copying the entire template. I use the same lists in may templates that are not exact duplicates. This new form builder requires that I edit each individual template. Furthermore, it doesn't allow you to enter an item where you want it on the list, but rather requires that you enter it on the bottom of the list and them move it to where you want it. If you're adding multiple items, this can be very cumbersome.

Worse yet, the new form flags any duplicate entries and will not allow you to make any alterations until you have removed all of the duplicates. My templates intentionally include some duplicates to make certain things easier to find and to avoid a lot of scrolling. There should obviously be an option to ignore duplicates to allow you to make changes to a template without spending a lot of time hunting down and deleting duplicate entries.

None of this was a problem with the old form builder. For the first time, I am looking at other EHRs. Please bring back the original form builder.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mike Alvarez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...