I suggest you ...

Letter Builder

Please Please add or create a regular form that can automatically populate basic information such as Practice's Information, Patient's Full Name, DOB, Address so staff can use to give patient's. Please make them to were we can customize them ourselves for different types of letters. Examples are: Return To Work Forms, Pregnancy Verification Letters, Generic Letters, etc....

Our other EMR had a wonderful letter builder I can show you. It is very helpful

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shereen Beverly, M.D. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes and please make it so that a letter can be generated without being attached to a specific appointment. There are documents I would like to generate for prior authorization that have to be done before the appointment.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, here's how I would do this (if it were up to me).

I would let drchrono users upload word documents to use as templates for these letters. We users make the forms with special placeholders such as {{patient}}, similar to placeholders in the existing clinical form builder. Also support for an optional e-sign placeholder so drchrono knows where to put the e-signature, eg: {{e-sign}}

When it's time to actually make the letter, where do we put the button? On the web EHR I would put a "New Letter" button on the patient's chart, to the right of the "Print Demographics" button.

Clicking the button should redirect to a message (in the message center) containing a PDF of the letter with relevant patient info replacing any placeholders. There should be options to e-sign, print, fax, add to the patient's documents, and return to the patient's chart.

On the mobile EHR it could go in the patient tab, under the action menu when you tap the patient's name. This will bring up a list of available templates to use, and selecting one will generate a message with the letter PDF and immediately display it with options to e-sign, print, fax, and add to the patient's documents.

Other possible options once the PDF is displayed:
        write on the finished PDF
        download the source word file, with all replacements made
        reupload the ammended source word file
        send to onpatient
        email to the patient (with a warning popup not to send protected information by email)

• Jerry Wishik MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree.... DrChrono needs a "letter writer" INSTEAD OF the cumbersome custom builder. Look at Amazing Chart's Letter Writer. It does everything easily (so user friendly) and in perfect format. PLEASE look into this for all DrChrono users!!!!
        Walk-In Clinic Physician

Feedback and Knowledge Base