I suggest you ...

Ability to create letters!!!

We have patients that take time off from work and they require work/school excuse letters, abnormal blood result notice or other recall letters. Its very important to have the feature that the staff can print it out. It is also important when patients file for disability and its easy to track how much time they have missed from work

109 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  MichaelNusimowMichaelNusimow responded  · 

This feature is currently available to all users by building a custom template and then rendering that template to it’s own PDF document.

Learn more about our template builder and drchrono’s incredibly amazing patented medical template system in this 45 minute training video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y8HtaQx_A

If you need to schedule a demo or update your plan to take advantage of premium features and professional support please contact our sales team here: https://drchrono.com/pricing

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Audrey RowenAudrey Rowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how can you say this is completed??? you fixed nothing! I have to send referrals or requests for pre-op clearance and have no choice but to either create a fake visit to put it under, or unlock a previously locked note just to add it in. and then I have to struggle to find which note I put that letter under since it isn't a searchable separate document.

• Chris CrawfordChris Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I presently have "template" pdf's set as background images to Free Draw buttons. The template pdf has all of the pre-canned school/work excuse text in it and ______'s for patient name, date of service, return date and restrictions.

So far it is working great...until a patient comes back in because they forgot the note or need an extension but the provider has already locked the DOS. Then we are stuck with a) create a fake appointment or b) unlock the original office visit and add another free draw document.

Is there any way to create a free draw document with them "amendment" function?

• Dennis TimkoDennis Timko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well said, Hayashi, I completely agree. I've been with drchrono for 3 years now and they have a great base for a EMR, but need to fix a lot of kinks and need a physician or user to help them fix that. I'm always looking for another EMR to replace but can't find one YET!

• Hayashi, MDHayashi, MD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using DrChrono for nearly 3 years. Yes, its probably the best available for the iPad.

I'd say its similar to cellphone technology that was available in the 80s - if you have to use it, it'll do, but...

Big problem is that its very clear that the developers or programmers who make updates/changes have no practical clinical background whatsoever. The workarounds, repeated clicks,and poor UI lag about 10 years behind the technology that goes into the electronic register @ your nearby MacDonalds.

• Dennis TimkoDennis Timko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that this has been completed, but the video is from 2 years ago and doesn't demonstrate how to perform this task? How do you render that template to it's own PDF document???

• Neil A. Shah, MD, FAADNeil A. Shah, MD, FAAD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! The workaround might be a phantom appointment type and a template to create a letter. That could then be tasked to clinical staff to mail to the patient. It's a bit cumbersome but I think it's what we'll do until a letter can be linked as a data object to a specific path/lab/image/clinical note.

• Dr FitzDr Fitz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help with this . I would love to be able to write REPLY letters to referring physicians ( not forwarding a patient as exists)..and pull up selected data from the notes easily. I have found a clumsy way to do it as is but I am sure you would do it better as a one click option. Thanks

• StaceyStacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need that badly and we need it to auto populate some stuff from the charts into these letters.

• BDRBDR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES - we need this badly. Actually all different forms, letters, MRI orders, etc.

• marinemarine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It is very important to be able to create letters for the patient. If the idea of drchrono is to be paperless then it needs to provide the ability to do this using the patient chart.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this, some of our patients don't wish to share their email or don't use email, in addition to the need to write letters that are a part of the patient chart (labs, time off work/school, attorneys, reminder letters, etc)

Feedback and Knowledge Base