I suggest you ...

Ability to track/count number of patient statements sent to a patient.

Under patient statements I would like a column that would track the number of statements sent to the patient so when it reaches a certain number we can sent it to collections

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dr. Izzo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be VERY helpful because I charge a fee if the bill isn't paid in a timely manner and I need to tell patient how many statements I have sent them, with proof. I am now using a pad of paper to do this!

• Nadeem Vaidya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I think the patient statements feature is hugely improved from the prior state it was in. I noticed one problem. When patient's balances are updated, the statement counter shows all the historical statements that were sent. Not just the number of statements with the updated balance amount. This would make more sense if implemented.

• Nadeem Vaidya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this should be a feature. However, I have temporarily created a work around that I use, that seems to work well. When there is a patient balance, I set the status to a custom billing status such as: "send first bill", "send second bill", etc. My receptionist then looks for these statuses, prints out the statements and updates the status to "first bill sent", etc.

Even though it is clunky, it does seem to work for us.

• Specialty Natural Medicine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Patient billing tracking needs a major overhaul.

We currently have to track outgoing patient statements, aging, etc via a spreadsheet. This should all work within DrChrono, including total days past due (since initial notification of DOS balance).

We should also be able to add finance charges from a patient balance tracking interface (we currently have to use custom procedures and attach to an appointment).

Feedback and Knowledge Base