I suggest you ...

Pharmacy fax number missing from printed Rx. Include on printed Rx

Each pharmacy's fax number is already part of their eRx data -- we ca see it every time a pharmacy is selected.

However, as soon as an Rx needs to be printed this data disappears.

For example: a controlled substance that must be faxed to the pharmacy displays that fax number on screen but then that information is missing from the printed paper Rx. See the screen shots of our test patient

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was an option turn this off! It's annoying as ****. If the patient tries to take the printed Rx to a pharmacy other than the one that has been saved as default, they refuse to fill it, because it has a different pharmacy's information on it!!

When I handwrite a prescription, I don't put the pharmacy's information on the paper.

• ginaf691 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I print these for the MD all the time. I have to go back to manually copy the fax number on each one before faxing the Rx to the pharmacy.

Why not have the fax number print out the first time?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are two suggestions for this identical improvement. The other has 4 votes, which puts this idea at 34 total votes

• Beth Brown PA-C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We only print an Rx in order to meet the controlled substance requirement to fax schedule III and IV med orders.

That's the one time that we really do need the pharmacy name and fax number printed on paper.

Feedback and Knowledge Base